Five years of data has allowed us to analyse interesting trends and evolutions in the VP/SI sector. Below we highlight the most striking ones:
• Overall growth for the sector, 108 organisations allocated €6.5 billion between them since they began their operations, a 30% increase compared to Fiscal Year (FY) 2013.
• Budgets remained stable.
• The surveyed organisations invested an average of €7.8 million through VP/SI activities.
• There is a sharp rise in co-investment between peers since FY 2013. 63% of respondents have co-invested in the past and 19% said they are interested in doing so, even if they have not co-invested yet. Of the respondents that answered both this and the last survey, the organisations that have co-invested increased from 69% to 80%.
• Over FY 2015 a number of smaller players (with budgets under €2.5million) have entered the space.
• VP/SI organisations have no shortage in investment opportunities and are improving their deal screening process. Over FY 2015, respondents screened 7,520 potential opportunities. On average, each VPO screened 86 organisations, did further due diligence on 17 of them, and selected 9 investees.
Interested in interacting with and navigating through the key findings?
Have a look at our new 'Interactive journey through Venture Philanthropy and Social Investment in Europe | The EVPA Survey 2015/2016' and get an insight into the current state of the VP/SI sector in Europe in just a few clicks!
Interested in the key findings in one short visual document?
You can download this report for free. Should you want to add it to your website, please link to this webpage, rather than uploading the pdf.
EVPA thanks all 108 participating organisations for their input!
Interested in a lively discussion with practitioners and experts about the key findings and trends?
Download useful informationThe State of Venture Philanthropy and Social Investment (VP/SI) in Europe | The EVPA Survey 2015/2016 - pdf 7.29 MB
Ask more info about this article